Wednesday, February 28, 2007

FO: Fiber Trend Clogs


Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted Weight in Jeweled Emerald (discontinued color)
Fiber Content: 100% wool
Pattern: Fiber Trends Felted Clogs
Modifications: none

And because everyone loves before and after felting photos I couldn't leave out these either, although part of the reason I really wanted this pattern is the beautiful profile you see above.

Digging around in my stash for some feltable wool, I found this wonderful green that I had used when I made my Rogue. For some reason I thought I would need a lot more for the sweater than I ultimately did, so I had several skeins left. This pair of clogs took less than 2 of them.

These went amazingly fast! I would have shared WIP photos with except for the fact that I did all the knitting other than the last cuff and sole over the course of one day. This is one of those patterns that you just have to trust the pattern and do as instructed. Now that I have finished a pair I might be able to adapt them, but I wouldn't recommend fudging with the shaping the first time through.

Verdict? I absolutely love the finished result, and these were a fast, fun knit. I don't seem to be the only one who really likes them either. Already I have no so subtle requests from both my daughter and my partner that they would like pairs too.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are awesome. I have those somewhere down the line on my to-do list too!

1/3/07 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home