Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Iris in the snow

A few years ago as a graduate student, I spent some time in Madison, WI one summer. The research I did there was really interesting, and I was surrounded by people doing stuff very similar to me. Despite all that though I was fairly lonely, and spent a far amount of time on gtalk with my friends and family, knitting away while I was on the line.

That is how I found Lakeside Fibers in my exploration of Madison, I had run out of stuff that I had brought and needed something new. These days I still have a few items in the stash from there, though they are slowly disappearing. So fast forward to the present, and I have one more FO from the yarn I had purchased there.

The colorway is called "Iris", and I could not resist it when I looked outside with all the snow. I feel like we have had more snow on the ground this year than the last few. Since I am anxious to do some planting this spring, I hope that trend doesn't continue too much.


Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Iris
Yarn Supplier: Lakeside Fibers in Madison, Wisconsin
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm

These are a pair of socklettes for Chiquita, who prefers short wool socks. Somehow that seems like an oxymoron in some way. Hey, it is super cold with lots of snow. I know what would be perfect, a really short pair of socks! But if it makes her happy, how can I say no? Especially when they are so quick to make.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home