Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Easter Egg Sweater

When the Knitting Room was closing I had picked up 2 single skeins of Cotton Fleece in the colors CW-840 Lime Light and CW-240 Pink-a-boo to make my niece a sweater. Well these days she is almost to the point where together that was just enough yarn to do so, before she got any bigger. Besides green and pink will make a great sweater for Easter, right?


Pattern: Children's Hooded Tunic #232 by Diane Soucy
Size: 2-4
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece
Yarn Supplier: the Knitting Room in Arlington (now closed)
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm & US 8 / 5.0 mm

This is a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern, which I have been very pleased with in the past in terms of simple and clear instructions. I had a slight advantage on this pattern though anyways, as I have knit it once before in a different size.

I knit it using similar modifications as last time to knit the sleeves after the yoke by using a crocheted provisional cast on. Also, as I was running low on yarn, I omitted the hood in favor of a free-form collar in garter stitch.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Thea said...

I sooo miss the knitting room! Adorable sweater - jackie would be proud....

3/3/10 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home