Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jayne Hat

One of the WIPs that was high on my priority list for the Ravelympics was the Jayne hat I was working on. Once it got really cold this, went into rotation even without having the finishing touches done. This was great motivation to make sure the flaps and pom pom actually got completed.

Pattern: My Jayne Hat by Erika Barcott (free Rav download) of Redshirt Knitting
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids in brick, terracotta, and mustard
Needles: US 10½ / 6.5 mm

Modifications: I adapted a larger size by casting on 68 sts. This also meant that I needed to add 2 extra decrease rounds (k2tog around & knit around).

I remember reading about Erika making this and writing the pattern when she first posted about it on her blog. For a long time, it remained as one of those things that I just said I was going to make. It was a well written pattern though, with lots of thought about screen accuracy put into its write-up. I am really glad that I actually made it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home