Monday, February 22, 2010

Mini Jayne Hat Ornament

You would think I would be tired of this idea after both the adult sized and baby sized Jayne hats I have made in the past. But apparently not!

For Christmas I had this idea for a little Jayne hat ornament. I know I had seen one on Ravelry, but there was no pattern to be found. I figured if I was going to work out a pattern, I might as well write it out while I was at it. And so I present the Mini Jayne Hat Ornament.

Materials:
I made mine with Vanna's Choice Solids & Heathers (a worsted weight yarn) in brick, terracotta and mustard, but you could use whatever size yarn you liked as long as you chose an appropriate size needle since exact gauge is unimportant.

Cast on 24 sts with orange.
Join, careful not to join.
*K1P1* around for 2 rounds.
Knit in stockinette for 4 rounds.
Break orange yarn and join yellow.
Knit in stockinette for 2 rounds.
*K2 k2tog* around. Knit 1 round even.
*K1 k2tog* around. Knit 1 round even.
*K2tog* around. Break yarn and draw through

Ear Flap (do twice):
Pick up 6 sts from inside of cast on edge.
Knit 6 rows of stockinette.
ssk k2 ktog
p1 row
ssk k2tog
break yarn and draw through last 2 sts
Do not sew in end. Then add 2 additional lengths of yarn in the same place to make a tassel.

Note: You want the second ear flap to be about 6 sts after the first one you do.

Make and attach a tiny tiny pompom and weave in all ends. Then I strung it up with another piece of string so that it could be hung on a tree if desired.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home