Saturday, March 27, 2010

FO: My Wedding Shawl

All done blocking! On to the finished photos:


Pattern: Peacock Feathers Shawl by Dorothy Siemens
Yarn: JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18
Yarn Supplier: Lakeside Fibers in Madison, WI
Needles: US 4 / 3.5 mm

Can I just say how much I love this yarn? Well as I mentioned previously, this yarn is amazing to the touch. And the color is pretty fabulous as well. As beautiful as the shawl I knit for my sister's wedding is in white, the green is way more "me".


Normally I tend to need to go up a needle size or three, since I am a fairly tight knitter. Given the fact that I about 5'3" (160 cm), though, I really did not need a shawl with an 84" (214 cm) wingspan! So I actually (gasp!) went down a needle size. Seriously people, this is unheard of for me. Yet, this shawl is still quite generously sized.


I am really impressed by this pattern. It was really well written and easy to follow, especially given the complexity of the pattern. After only a short time I could see if the row I was working on was lining up correctly or not, which prevented the need to rip out long rows to fix mistakes. By the end, there was just under five hundred stitches per row, so that was greatly appreciated!

I guess now, I just need to figure out all of the other wedding details...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lydia Coombs said...

Emily, it's just gorgeous!

28/3/10 3:10 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That is stunning. I loved the color while you were working on it, but I had no idea what it was going to look like finished. It is beautiful on you.

28/3/10 4:28 PM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

Gorgeous!! Everyone I know raves about that yarn, it might have to be my next purchase (once I finish my queue of 80 projects :-)

29/3/10 10:09 AM  
Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

Oooh! That's lovely and such a wonderful color on you.

30/3/10 7:25 PM  
Blogger Maryann said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

11/4/10 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home