Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Hot Chili Pepper socks

Periodically I feel like I should try to knit socks with some sort of pattern on them rather than just stockinette ones. But with the slight variegation in this yarn, I didn't want anything too busy either.

Pattern: Charade by Sandra Park (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Hello Yarn Sock in "hot peppers"
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm

Modifications: Um, I don't think I made any, but then again I sort of didn't look at the pattern again after getting the stitch pattern started on the leg. (I used a slip stitch heel and wedge toe, continuing with the patterning from the leg on the top of the foot. All of which I am pretty sure were in the original.)

The herring bone rib stitch pattern is a smidgen fiddly because of how the yarnover sits under the stitch that was passed over, but other than that this pattern moved surprisingly quickly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home