Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jayne Mitts

Apparently it is time to clean out my Ravelry page. Last year I knit a pair of finger-less gloves for my housemate, that I wanted to make into a pair of convertible mittens. I had this whole great plan, where I would make the mitten-y part out of red yarn to make it coordinate with the Jayne hat I had made her.

Pattern: Magical Mittens by Jo Calvert
Size: S/M
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids in yellow and terracotta
Needles: US 8 - 5.0 mm

I took several tries to make the right size. In the end I wasn't thrilled with the fit, but it was ok. I think that was a result of the heaviness of the yarn I used.

Since she moved out in October though and took these with her, I am going to give up on hope that I will put the mitten tops on these. So I am changing them from hibernating to finished on my Ravelry project page. Look it is like finishing something. Sort of!



Anonymous Britt said...

Those are so fun! I can't wait to see the other stuff you have been working on!

22/2/12 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home