Sunday, January 06, 2013

Knife's Edge

I am very lucky that my incredibly talented friend Allen Holt agreed to join me as my accountability buddy to start making art more regularly. As I have managed to get myself active again doing several different media, so I am hoping this will encourage me to actually blog more regularly. Go us!

To that end I am going to be trying to among other things, to start doing the Illustration Friday prompts again. It has been a while.

This week's prompt is "edge." I had some interesting ideas about working with negatives and silhouettes  but in the end I opted for the more straight forward route in an effort to actually finish. As I gain momentum, I definitely want to play more away from my comfort area. For now though the important thing was to be just making the time to sit and make art.


graphite pencil (B-6B) and charcoal (4B and white)

This is my favorite knife in my our kitchen, although I have a little paring knife that is a close second. I have little hands so it is about as big as I am comfortable working with, and the blade is just the right width to be great for chopping prep.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

Pretty!

6/1/13 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Ailish said...

Nifty! This looks nice!

I'd not heard of Illustration Friday before, but I've been meaning to work more on art, and it seems like fun, at least for now. So, my first contribution is up at at my blog.

7/1/13 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Jay at The Depp Effect said...

Ha - this is funny. I have also drawn a favourite kitchen knife in pencil! And ...

"but in the end I opted for the more straight forward route in an effort to actually finish."

... for much the same reason!

Beautifully done. I like it!

8/1/13 5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sense a common theme! Wonderful rendering...I like your shading and perspective.

8/1/13 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home