Saturday, October 27, 2012

Inlay Socks

Although I haven not managed to blog about them until now, I did knit a pair of short socks a while back.

 
Pattern: Inlay by Hunter Hammersen
Needles: US 2 / 2.75 mm
Yarn: Regia 4ply in color 1994
Yarn Supplier: Woolcott (closed)

I rarely knit socks from solid colors, so when I pulled this yarn out of deep stash (seriously, since I bought it from Woolcott in Harvard Square back in the day) I knew I wanted to do something cabled or at least highly textured to take full advantage.

As it turns out though, I did not love knitting this pattern at all though, thus the greatly shortened leg. The results are interesting, but the process was not super enjoyable for me. I did find that going up a needle size to an unheard of 2.75mm needle for fingering weight socks did make it a little bit better, but I grumbled through it.

Honestly though finishing anything was progress, as I have been in a bit of a knitting slump recently. There have been exciting work developments over the last few months, and I have been busy during the day and too tired at night. I am slowly climbing out, but I am afraid it did not make for anything interesting to share with you all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home