Thursday, January 31, 2013

Buttercream Basics

Yesterday, I took a buttercream basics cake decorating class at Amanda Oakleaf Cakes with my friends J and Jasra.


I have decreed it to be my party dalek cake.

I am really glad to have had the opportunity to get to try this. The companionship was fabulous of course, and it is a skill I have not tried to learn before. I appreciated the opportunity to try the techniques and specialized equipment without having to make a huge investment.

The Oakleaf folks were great as well. I am not a huge cake or frosting person, but theirs was good. And they energy and enthusiasm was what got me through the 3 hours in what felt like considerably less time. I have to say that having the change to see and try each of the steps of the process was really empowering. And in the end the result was really of my own work rather than being strongly guided by then hand of someone more experiences. Nifty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home