Monday, February 11, 2013

Grey Steps - Baby Booties

Despite all the blog content recently, there actually has been some knitting going on. There are a number of babies expected among my family and friends recently, so I have been on the lookout for great baby patterns. (Got any great recommendations for boys? I am not huge on dressing children along gender lines, but I recognize that people do often have preferences in this regard.)

In my poking around on Ravelry, I was super excited to find this baby booties pattern as a great gender neutral pattern *that I think might even stay on little feet for more than 20 seconds*. Crazy! The pattern has half brioche stitch around, with garter stitch soles, resulting in a lovely thick, squishy fabric with good elasticity.

 
Yarn: Jaeger Matchmaker Merino DK
Yarn Supplier: WEBS
Needles: US 1.5 / 2.5 mm
Pattern: Blue Steps - Baby Booties by Regina Willer
Modifications: none! (well other than using a DK weight...)

Oh winter, why do you make it so hard to manage to find decent light for knit photography? In trying to make sure this shot got in before we lost the light, I totally missed that the cuff of of one was not quite lying flat. The cuffs are the same length, I promise!

I did the soles with a magic cast on, since I was already comfortable with it. The whole pattern is super clever though, and in the end that meant no seaming and only two ends to weave in. Nifty! They were a really fun, quick knit, and by the time I finished the first one I had memorized the pattern for the most part. And the result is super cute. I think this may become my new standby pattern for this sort of thing.

Meanwhile I have been flipping through my library looking for more baby boy acceptable knits. Anyone got some great suggestions to point me in the direction of?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home