Friday, October 16, 2020

Orb Weaver - Leaf Studies

Last weekend I had the opportunity to do a virtual retreat with a number of other artists, and I feel really lucky to have done so. Normally this event would have been held in person, and I am grateful to all the organizers for all the work that went into making it such a fantastic event online instead.

I did a little bit of charcoal work early in the weekend. In the process of digging out my supplies, I realized that it had definitely been at least 10 years since I did any work in charcoal. In spite of that, it felt really good to get back into it. The weather was fantastic, and I got to spend a bunch of time working outside in the sunshine.


I also had a chance to break out my compass, some cardstock and a pack of 6 terra PITT artist brush pens that I have been wanting to play with. That practice piece sort of took on a life of its own and seemed to spring spontaneously from the pen.


Usually I work with reference material (like in the charcoal piece), but with the brush pen piece I let the line just go where it wanted. When I stepped back, I was surprised by how much personality it captured.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home