Friday, September 15, 2006

FOs: Toddler Socks & Bishlette Sweater

Hey look the sun is almost out in the Boston area. Nope, just kidding. But in the interest of getting these items in the mail, I am taking pictures today anyways. Other than buttons and weaving in ends, these both were done before I left for my Wisconsin trip.

Toddler Socks

Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes
Color: "purple" (really a grey, white, blue and purple self patterning yarn)
Fiber Content: 75% wool, 25% nylon
Supplier: small vendor at Arisia
Pattern: cuff down socks with heel flap and standard toe, smallest standard dimensions mentioned in Sensational Knitted Socks (great book!)
Needles: US Size 1 40" addi turbos (magic loop, 2 at a time)
Gauge: 9 stsX11rows/1"X1",


Comments: This yarn was left over from making my daughter a pair of socks during the Knitting Olympics. Despite being from Lion Brand, I find this yarn isn't too bad. It washes really well too, as I discovered when T's socks accidently got tossed in the washing machine. As a mom, this is a trait I value highly in baby/child items.

Bishlette Sweater
Yarn: Bernat Softee yarn
Color: mint
Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic
Supplier: stash/Michael’s?
Buttons source: 6 0.5” buttons from the button bin at Windsor Buttons
Pattern: No Seam Baby Raglan Sweater
Needles: US Size 4 circular and dpns
Gauge: 13 stsX19rows/2"X2",


Modifications: A seed stitch was used to replace the ribbed edges. Also I increased the dimensions slightly since I wanted it to fit a little longer.

Comments: This sweater was made for a friend on both LJ and bookcrossing. This top down baby raglan was a super fast knit. I love baby sweaters; they are so instant gratification! This one gets extra points for being made from stash yarn and for a baby I am really excited about. Acrylic isn't my favorite thing ever, and I am aware of the hotly debated subject of weither you should put it on children. For something that is likely to be spit up on a lot though, washable (as mentioned above) is key.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home