Saturday, December 07, 2013

Cabled Baby Sweater

Remember that charming young man, I was privileged to meet this past Spring? Well I am very excited to get to see him for the holidays, and given that he still had not received much in terms of handknits just for him, one was overdue. Alas it may be too small. Why do babies grow so fast?!

Yarn: Järbo Garn Raggi Multi in color 1548
Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 9 / 5.5 mm
Pattern:  Pembroke Vest by Kirsten Kapur (free pattern)

And now for a gratuitous picture of the buttons on top of the left shoulder. Because seriously, babies have giant heads, and it is just easier to dress them that way.


This ended up taking just over one skein of yarn. (I may have cursed a bit when I realized. Fortunately I was able to acquire more.) Given the yarn is a bit heavier than the recommended, I am hopeful that this still might fit briefly, but if not the fact that it is machine wash and dry makes it easy to pass on to someone else.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home