Sunday, September 30, 2018

Locusts Socks - take two

Recently I got back a pair of socks that I had knit in 2009, which had developed a hole right where the cuff met the top stockinette section. Weird failure-mode, but after 9 years of service, I can't complain too much.


I put in a lifeline, snipped and seperated the intact bottoms from the cuffs. I lost a little more yarn on the sock with the hole, so I worked on that one first to knit the leg a little longer before adding a new cuff in a contrast yarn. For the second sock I will do the same, but match the length of the first sock.

This yarn is fairly fine, and I had needed to knit it on size 0s originally. I think they still have some wear in them though. The colors have lost a lot of their brightness, but settled into a nice sort of forest drab.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home