Wednesday, February 01, 2023

FO: Alpenglow

I wasn't quite ready to return to Rhinebeck in 2022, but I did fall in love with Alpenglow, the 2022 Rhinebeck sweater.  It certainly did not hurt my feelings that this pattern was designed with my favorite: Spin Cycle Dyed in the Wool, which you have seen in many recent FOs from me including the Promises in the Dark shawlthe Shift Cowl, the Hinterland sweater, and the Trigradient Shawl.

Yarn: Spincycle Yarn Dyed in the Wool in Summer Love and Melancholia, Moondrake Kid Mohair in White, and Juniper Moon Farm Patagonia Organic Merino in gray

Yarn Supplier: Black Sheep Knitting

Needles: US 4 - 3.5 mm & US 2 - 2.75 mm

This was the first time I can recall knitting with a mohair yarn like this, but I really love the soft look of the result. Such a great combination of yarns and pattern. The Dyed in the Wool was, of course, a delight. The Juniper Moon Farm Patagonia Organic Merino was really nice, and I would definitely consider knitting with it again.

I also just really loved a ton of the design elements in this one. The short rows for the back of the neck are perfect. I went with the folded collar, and I love the finished look. The corrugated rib at the bottom: delightful. I went fussy to align the color transitions on the sleeves, because I could.

Great knit! And it has become a wardrobe staple pretty much immediately.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home