Friday, May 04, 2007

Vernon and Giverny

If you are in the area, I highly recommend considering staying at the youth hostel in Vernon. It is completely worth the call to book (online booking is not available). Not only was the staff incredibly nice and the rooms enormous, but you are also just across the river from Giverny, home to the Giverny Museum and Monet's Gardens.This was such a beautiful place, that I am so glad that we took the time out to go. Paris was fun, but this area is so inspirational that I have no questions in my mind why someone would want to just retreat here and paint all day.
Unfortunately we cut our visit to close to dusk for me to get any painting in, but we did get to enjoy the scenery and take many reference photos for later work. Looking through all of our photos from this trip makes it clear that I will have inspirational photos for quite a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

SUCH BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS! Yes I would love to retreat there and paint all day if I were a wonderful painter, but I'd probably go CRAZY with a digital camera-- because that's one thing I AM good at!

13/5/07 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home