Sunday, November 23, 2014

Blue Hat

A while ago, my community began to rally when a member was diagnosed with breast cancer. As a story, it is perhaps unremarkable, but there is something powerful whenever you get a chance to see a community come together like that. At the time I did not know E very well, but she has many ties to people who are my chosen-family.

So I joined the knitting campaign to provide her with soft, beautiful hats for her chemo. Since then I have gotten to know her more, and she is a really strong, beautiful person. I hope that this hat served her well both then and continues to do so in the future.

Yarn: Reynolds Odyssey in colors 409 and 410
Yarn Suppliers: Windsor Button (closed) the Wool Basket (closed)
Needles: US 9 / 5.5 mm

I didn't use a pattern, as this was just a quick, simple hat.

The yarn I chose was something special. Odyssey is one of my favorite yarns for color interest, softness, and nice ply-structure, and both of these balls were from closed yarn stores I had been fond of. The ball of blue was unused, but the teal was from both the blue spiral hat and a DNA hat that I made for my sister, both well loved hats.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home