Thursday, October 22, 2020

FO: Dark and Stormy

So 5 years ago I posted about swatching for Dark & Stormy, and somehow it was never blogged about again, which is sad because I love this sweater! In fact I loved it so much that I started wearing it before buttons, and it never did get them. After 5 years maybe it is time to admit that this sweater is as complete as it is going to get.

Back detail

Front view

Pattern: Dark and Stormy by Thea Colman
Yarn: Reynolds Odyssey (discontinued) in color 404 lilac
Yarn Supplier: Windsor Button (closed)

The details on this one are fabulous. I love the slight shawl collar. The shaping is perfect for me. It was fun to knit. I made it in one of my favorite yarns (sadly discontinued). There is a lot to like!

My major modification besides the lack of buttons was to follow KnittingSuzanne's instructions for modifying the collar pick up. They were really helpful, and I would recommend this modification to other knitters as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home