Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Firefly hat


I received a request for a new hat in bright colors for backwoods safety, and you can see that these colors deliver!


This was my first time working with wildhare yarn, but  am trying to keep my most of my yarn budget to indy dyers and/or local yarn shops. It was fun to try something new! I really enjoyed the base yarn and strong use of color. Next time I might avoid a variegated, just due to my own preferences.


 Yarn Supplier: wildhare (Etsy shop out of Front Royal, Virginia)
Yarn: hand dyed sock yarn superwash merino nylon fingering  in the FIREFLY colorway
Pattern: Sockhead Slouch Hat by Kelly McClure

I have knit this pattern multiple times at this point, although I don't seem to have blogged them. It is straightforward and well written so that when I wanted the perfectly drapey, slouchy hat, it takes very little brainpower. In this case the recipient wore it with a wide brim instead of slouchy, but that works too!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home