Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Rites of Spring Socks

Last year I offered to knit a pair of socks for a member of the my community, and then I laughed when I got the cardboard tracings of their feet. It was a good thing I am no stranger to knitting giant socks. I ended up purchasing 200g of self striping yarn, knowing that I would need more than 100g but wanting flexibility to make sure the striping pattern was not interrupted at the ball change.


 Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarn

Needles: US 1 / 2.25mm

The recipient was very sweet and easy going. Fortunately their spouse was more helpful at pointing me in a direction for color and where socks typically wear out first. These were knit cuff down with 2X2 ribbing, reinforced heel flap and wedge toe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

What a nice thing to do! That is no small undertaking.

28/10/20 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home