Monday, November 19, 2007

Novelty Scarf

This past weekend my dad dropped the fact that he, my step-mom and my little sister (age 7) were going to be out of town for Christmas. That means that my last chance to drop off my sister's present would be the first week of December. Okay, I guess that means I needed to cast on right away. Digging around in my stash I found this lonely skein of yarn that is a bit too novelty for me, but just perfect for a little girl.

Yarn: Gleam by Moda Dea in blue topaz
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm
Pattern: Eros Extreme Belt by Carol Smith
Pattern Source: One-Skein Wonders

This project was so simple that you really need no pattern. I am just listing this one since it gave me the inspiration on how to use this yarn. This version was knit with a cast-on of only 8 stitches. This pattern used just a single skein, and only took a few hours of mindless knitting.

I can't say working with this yarn thrilled me. It is made of of 3 strands: a mohair one, a ribbon tape one and a glitter one. It was a bit splity, and the mohair was getting to me after a bit. The results though have been positive to several little girls I have asked.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky G said...

It looks good. I've worked with yarn similar to that--with the three different strands. It drove me crazy because the strands weren't really plied and one of them, as I knit, made this great big loop of extra yarn hanging off the side of my working yarn. I was glad to get that sucker finished!

20/11/07 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home