Saturday, December 08, 2007

IF: Little Things - Worms

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is "little things". I immediately thought of my latest pet project: worms.

Salvbard is helping me build a wormery, and I am so excited! Since we don't eat much processed food, we have a lot of vegetable scraps. But we live in an apartment, so a compost bin is not an option. I love this idea of a way to reduce our "green waste".

This drawing was also a chance to try out my new 9B pencil. Mmmm, it is so smooth to work with. It is like all of the pleasure of working with charcoal, and it scans better. The only potential problem might be that it is so soft that it will probably transfer off the page a bit with time and wear.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Rietz said...

Nice rendering. Congrats on being so green!

9/12/07 2:42 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I keep thinking I should try a wormery in the basement. I have a compost pile but it's hard for me to turn so it's very slow. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you!

9/12/07 5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice drawing - as always :)

Robbyn

9/12/07 9:13 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Nice drawing! :D I've never tried a 9B pencil. I have an 8B, but I can never keep it sharpened long enough to use it. D'oh!

If you're worried about it smudging or transfering off the page, you could try spraying it with fixative (hair spray also works.) :D

10/12/07 1:15 AM  
Blogger soulbrush said...

not easy to make a worm look like a worm. i adore my knitting too, and crocheting and my new hobby- art.

11/12/07 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home