Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gryffindor Hat

I often have the experience that I think I am knitting for someone, only for the object to tell me that is was destined for someone else. This Gryffindor hat was one of those objects.


Pattern: House Hat (Beanie) by Alison Hansel
Pattern Source: Charmed Knits
Yarn: Wool Ease Solid in Gold and Cranberry
Needles: US Size 8 / 5.0mm

Modifications: I changed the crown decreases to be spiral decreases, just because they please me.

I thought that is was going to be a child's hat, but gauge foiled that plan. So suddenly with a women's sized hat on the needles, this hat whispered who it would rather go to. No, I won't say who, as the recipient doesn't know that she will be receiving it, although I don't believe she reads my blog. But it is someone that I only would have met because of the fandom, and so the choice seems appropriate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home