Friday, November 23, 2007

Garden Dancing Shoes

When I first got Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers, one of the first patterns that caught my interest was for Dancing shoes, designed for babies 3-6 months old. As my niece, Ms. L, is just 3 months old, I thought this would make a very cute Christmas present.

You may remember this yarn from my Garden Monkey socks that I had knit from Mind's Eye Yarns April sock club yarn. Lucy said that her original inspiration for this colorway was a field of flowers. I am so glad that this affect translated as well into crochet as it did in knitting.



Pattern: Dancing Shoes by Lesley Stanfield
Pattern Source: Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers
Yarn: Mind's Eye Yarns Merino/Tencel
Hook: 3.5 mm / E / Size 0 steel hook
Buttons: found in the button box at Windsor Button

The pattern with recommended gauge is supposed to produce a 4" long show, which looks significantly longer than the average 3-6 month-old's foot to me. Better to grow into them thn for them to be too small though.

Even so I had a little trouble with gauge. Even going up from the recommended 2.5 mm hook to a 2.75 mm hook, I made a sole that would only make a 3" long shoe. So be careful with your gauge on this one. Be aware though that the finishing will increase the size of the show slightly though accoding to external measurements.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely adorable - and the yarn is perfection! Cute, cute little shoes :)

24/11/07 10:22 AM  
Blogger Nathalie said...

those shoes will be treasured for a long long time Iam sure!

24/11/07 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home