Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WIPs Wednesday

It is Wednesday, so it is time for a check-in with my WIPs. Unfortunately afghans don't make particularly good progress photos, so I am not going to show you the status of the Slytherin blanket (actually one row shorter than last check in as I caught a mistake and ripped back all of my progress) or the Sampler Square blanket, since I have no new squares done that you haven't already seen at least one version of previously.

What I do have is a potholder and a bulky baby sweater in progress.

Knit from some stash super bulky yarn, Action from N.Y. Yarns, the baby sweater is going really fast as you might expect at 2 stitches an inch. I have been weaving in the ends as I go, so this project should be done before we arrive at my dad's house.

The bee potholder is actually on hold though. I need to pick up some white kitchen cotton for wings and some cotton batting for the insulating layer in the middle. I did have some superwash wool in my stash that I was going to use, but then I started getting nervous that it would singe more easily than the cotton. After all I only see pot holder patterns made from cotton. Is there a reason why you couldn't use wool?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

When I was making potholders/hot pads for a non profit I was told to use cotton or wool. Wool is a great insulator and it makes a great potholder.

22/11/07 10:50 AM  
Blogger Becky G said...

I should think wool would be better than cotton because it is less likely to burn. The only drawback I would see is the possiblilty of felting.

23/11/07 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home