Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Current Knitting

Many thanks to the several offers that I had for hunting down of more silver for the Slytherin blanket. We had a brief dyelot scare (who knew that Red Heart had dye lots?!), Salvbard was able to get me more. I should have more than enough to get through the project now so that we don't have to worry about it again.

This week I am working on the Afrika socks some more, and I cast on for a sweater for Chiquita. The sweater will be part of the Top 10 Stash Projects KAL, but I will post more info on that once I finish up my list of projects I want to work on.


Chiquita picked out the yarn for this at Windsor Button during the last Boston Knit Out and Crochet Too... which would make it just over a year old. I bought 6 skeins (~1200 yards) of Cotton Ease so that I could knit any pattern that she wanted, since we didn't have one picked out in advance. That is totally unlike me. She absolutely loved the color, though, and the yarn had been dis-continued (and since re-continued though in different colors). We have settled on an Aran pattern (she loves cables). I admit I had a bit of a shock when we took measurements, and I realized how big a sweater she needs these days, though. Pretty soon she will be able to steal my clothes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home