Friday, January 11, 2008

Stitch

This week's Illustratation Friday prompt was "stitch." Obviously this was one I couldn't skip. Sometimes I have to force myself to sit down and work on the IF, but sometimes, like today, the image of what I want to do springs full formed into my mind.

drawn with a size 0.7 Staedtler pigment liner in a plain moleskine

Knitting is huge in my life right now, but I really enjoy crochet too. And finally needlepoint, which I haven't done all that much of this year, but I do really like to do. (Needle crafts shown in alphabetical order to avoid favoritism.) Stitches are so fundamental to a lot of my crafting. On tiny creation building upon another until you are holding a finished object. As the YarnHarlot points out, it gives you hope that any small action or any individual can make a difference.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Willie Baronet said...

nice lines!

13/1/08 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home