Saturday, January 05, 2008

And They're Off

So I've joined a group on Ravelry called Stash Knit Down 2008. After entering all my stash except for the yarn for WIPs I am super excited about working with it. I would like it to fit in my two plastic bins a little more neatly, but for me this is more about getting the chance to rediscover yarns I love in my stash.

The SKD08 group tries to help keep everyone motivated by setting up challenges, and starting today until February 19th(the duration of the FIRST robotics competition for those who are curious) the challenge is to knit/crochet/spin a mile of yarn. I didn't do so well trying to do a mile in a month during Lime and Violet's sock marathon last year, but here going nothing.

I am starting off with a Quidditch Sweater from Charmed Knits in Berrocco Comfort. I hope to wear it to Arisia, so I need to get cracking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on the stash thing! While I love buying yarn, it's getting a little trickier. I ask myself, "Is there a stash yarn that you would rather knit with than this purchase you are contemplating?" Unfortunately, I've got a bit of a Noro addiction.

6/1/08 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home