Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 4: A New Skill

I hope you will forgive the fact that this is neither a knitting nor a crochet, but hey at Omly Crafts we aren't so picky about just doing those two types of crafting. Plus this topic looks really fun. The latest skill I have been interested in acquiring is learning how to make nuno (cloth) zori (or zouri).

There is a neat series by the eco-samurai learning to make them on her blog, though you can see a pdf of full instructions here by someone else. Zenrinkan also made a good tutorial blog for making these.

These would be a great alternative to my Fibertrend clogs I wear all winter but for the summer! And it is like recycling but for fabric. Even if you didn't have anything at home to make these out of, a thrift store could be a great source of fabric.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

Those look like a lot of fun!

29/4/10 8:16 AM  
Blogger biomaj5 said...

I've never heard of those before! I might need to add them as a summer project for myself. Thanks for letting me know about it!

29/4/10 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Katie @ Yarn Love said...

That's so interesting. I've never heard of nuno or zori before. Thanks for sharing!

29/4/10 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home