Monday, January 26, 2015

Teal Jaywalkers

In other news, I knit something not just in garter stitch. Hooray! Once the blanket was getting annoying to carry around, I started a pair of socks. These are mine! It has been forever since I have knit a pair for me. How did this go for more than 2.5 years?

Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Regia Design Line Ombre Stripe (discontinued) in color 4483
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Size: small

Salvbard and I bought this yarn last spring break at a little yarn shop in Quebec while on vacation, but unfortunately I can not find the name of it. The yarn is a Kaffe Fassett designed one, that is sadly discontinued. I love this the colorway, which is totally me.

As mentioned previously with my Clapotis, I seem to avoid the super popular patterns for some reason. I can see why these became so popular, as well as why some people had so much trouble getting them to fit properly. After making this pair, I would not make these for someone who I couldn't have them try them on to make sure they could get them to stretch over the heel to put them on.

In general though, it is a great pattern. Grumperina does great work as always, and I made no modifications. I did make these two-at-time magic loop, however, and started the stripe repeat at the same point so that they would match.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home