Monday, September 18, 2006

50 Non-crafty Facts

To continue with my 50 Crafty Facts for a total of 100 things about me:

1. I am a member of a CSA.

2. I was a triple major as an undergraduate (chemistry, math and physics).

3. My favorite vegetable is zuchini. I think I could live on just steamed zuchini with a little bit of freshly cracked black pepper other than that whole nutrition thing.

4. I do research that may someday contribute to you using fuel cells.

5. I have 3 step brothers, 1 half sister, and 1 full sister.

6. We have a pet African Fat Tailed Gecko named Cupric.

7. I like the flavor of onions but can't stand the texture.

8. I don't like horror movies with the exception of vampire flicks.

9. We don't have a tv, and I like it that way.

10. I am routinely asked if my daugher is my sister. The really distrubing part of this is that I actually have a sister who is younger than my daughter.

11. I am 5' 2.5". At my height you fight for that last half inch.

12. I love camping and hiking.

13. I jointly own a tandem kayak.

14. I freckle especially across my arms and shoulders.

15. I was in vocal music programs in school for 6 years.

16. I really wanted to be a boyscout when I was little. I didn't understand why my dad wouldn't let me, but it was obvious that the girlscouts was not equivalent.

17. Even when it is really hot, I will still sleep with a sheet.

18. I learned to cook when I was 10 and my parents got divorced. As my mom didn't cook, it was that or live on tv dinners until I moved out.

19. I don't like to eat meat in the summer. It isn't for any particular reason; I just don't care for it then.

20. I started getting strands of silver at 16.

21. I am allergic to mold.

22. One of my favorite songs is "Rubby Ducky" by Bl├╝mchem, known by most people who have heard it as "that techno dance remix of Ernie (from Sesame Street) singing 'Rubber Ducky' in german".

23. I have never broken any bone in my body.

24. I learned to HTML code when I was in middle school with my dad.

25. My first computer was an Apple II GS.

26. I love unagi (bbq eel sushi).

27. My least favorite domestic chore is doing the dishes.

28. I hate guessing-games.

29. I have a completely irrational fear of deep sea fish that keeps me from going to the aquarium.

30. My first real job was as a produce clerk.

31. There are few things I like better than a really ripe pear.

32. All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted and thus removed.

33. I have never had my driver's liscence; driving reduces me to an anxious spazy mess.

34. Only a 0.6% of the populaion has my blood type (AB-).

35. I like the metric system.

36. I love Boston.

37. I do not follow any sports teams other than in the Olympics.

38. I am a bookcrosser.

39. I grew up just down the street from the ocean.

40. When I am stressed from overwork I forget to eat; when I am emotionally stressed I over eat.

41. My accent changes slightly depending on who I am talking to.

42. I still love cuddly stuffed animals.

43. I hate being late for things so much so that I am usually early if I can help it.

44. I have been told my handwriting is too neat for me to be an engineer.

45. I love the words persnickety and ostracize.

46. I really like BPAL, a company that makes really inspired essential oil blends.

47. I love taking baths. My newest bath obsession is Fantasy Bath (particularly their bath bombs).

48. I once worked developing toothpaste and as a result I have strong preferences on what I use.

49. My partner works for iRobot, and I have robots that both vaccum and scrub my floors.

50. I have found someone I hope to spend the rest of my life with.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home