Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dulaan Project

You may notice that I have a new banner in my sidebar. I am going to be a first time contributor to the Dulaan Project. R and I were just talking about a possible trip to China/Russia this year, and now I am thinking a lot about Mongolia.

Robbyn has started a Dulaan Kick-off Contest for those who might want to get to an early start. The goal is to have at least 2 items finished by October 31st. I can do that! In fact I have one acrylic hat that just needs ends woven in and another hat in Lamb's Pride already on the needles. (We will just breeze over the fact I am starting another hat without weaving ends in on the first. I will do it at the Boston Knit Out and Crochet Too.)

I also have a ton of fleece in my fabric stash. I used to make nap blankets for a friend who taught at a poor inner city preschool, and I would buy it whenever I could find it at a deep discount. Since my friend has moved on to another job, I had been wondering what I could do with all this fleece. I also have a ton of alpaca in my stash from a recycled sweater. After using some of it in a project I decided I wasn't crazy about how halo-y it was, but it makes an amazingly warm fabric.

The more I think about this, the more this seems really doable. It also seems a great way for me to destash prefectly good materials that I otherwise didn't know what to do with. I wonder how many items I could do before July 1st...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home