Sunday, October 01, 2006

Socktoberfest


Goodbye September, hello Socktoberfest! It is no secret that I love sock knitting, especially for the bus. So this is right up my alley. So I am kicking off the season with a pair made from a some Black Bunny superwash merino in Lapis

Another great way I am extending my socky celebration for the rest of the year is that I just signed up for Lucy from Mind's Eye Yarns' sock club*. You may have heard about her sock yarn from the YarnHarlot. Let me tell you it is phenomenal stuff. It is a merino/tencel blend, and the tencel not only lends it strength as nylon would have, it also gives it a great shine and smoothness.

So anyways I dug through my stash last night to check out what I have for sock yarn. It is funny how you can forget what great stuff is in your stash. I have some Lorna's Laces, Regia, Mind's Eye Yarns, Cascade Fixation, and other some other great handpainted stuff. My family is totally getting socks and hats this year.

*The idea of Lucy's sock club is that each month you get a 4 oz skein of her great sock yarn, custom dyed for the sock club that month. Plus you $2 off each ball of yarn because you pay up front. I am super excited about what sort of colorways we will get.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home