Friday, August 03, 2007

Yarn Harlot

So last night I went to go see Stephanie at the book signing at Burlington Borders, which I had only been to once before.

I had gotten there early, having braved the 350 bus, which seems to have a really strange schedule. Utterly dehydrated and hot, I stopped into the Fresh City next door, and happened to see a woman with a sock and a wrap in front of her. I couldn't resist. "Are you here to see the Yarn Harlot?" I asked. Why yes! Which is how I met Minisoup.

Turns out she was meeting a bunch of other knitters, which is how I met Seed Stitch (who it turns out has been on my bloglines for ages),Lynne, Lucia, Danielle, and Nicole.

Then when everyone wandered over to the Borders, I saw Kimberly, Jess, and a bunch of other locals that I am not sure about of their blog-status.


There was a great crowd. There ended up being more people by the end, I took this photo about 15 minutes before Stephanie spoke. Of course we got to see the traveling sock.


Then when we were in line for the signing, I noted this end cap.

Hey look! Both The Happy Hooker and Stitch-N-Bitch Nation were both on the "Noteworthy Non-fiction" endcap. I got my copy of At Knit's End signed, which had been traveling around the world the last time the Yarn Harlot was in Boston/Cambridge, when I got Knitting Rules! and Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter signed. And I picked up her latest book and got it signed while I was there too. Great evening, but I crashed hard after (even unable to post about this). I have more to post about later, but for now I need to get back to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I'm glad I got to meet you. I wonder how your design is going.

Hedera is now finished!

4/8/07 7:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HI!!!!!!!!! SO COOL THAT YOU GOT TO MEET STEPHANIE!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWIE-ZOWIE!!!!!!!!!!!

4/8/07 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home