Monday, September 17, 2007

Hats for Alex

Wheezalana is hosting a The Hats for Alex Fall Challenge, and with all the preemie needlework I had been doing, that seemed right up my alley. If you are not familiar with the Hats for Alex project you can read more about it on their blog. It is a great idea, but the reason for its founding is heartbreaking, particularly as a parent.

You may recognize the yarn in these hats. The first blue one is left over from the back-to-school socks, and the two pink ones are left over from the little pink preemie sweater.

Pattern: Bev's Really Basic Stretchy Hat
Yarn: Regia Mini Ringel Color - 5216
Needle: US 2/2.75 MM
Size: preemie

Pattern: Bev's Summer Preemie/Newborn Hat
Yarn: Red Heart Ltd. Soft Baby Solid 0400 Bright Pink
Hook: G/4.0MM
Size: preemie

Pattern: Barb's Seamless Crocheted Baby Hat
Yarn: Red Heart Ltd. Soft Baby Solid in 0400 Bright Pink
Hook: F/3.75 MM
Size: New Born or large Preemie

So those are my three I am sending, though I think I will make more for my local hospital. If you are so inclined, I totally encourage you to work up some stash into hats for this drive. Let me know if you do. And as an added bonus, if you do it by October 31st you will be eligible to enter the Fall Challenge.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Average Jane Crafter said...

This is so cool! My daughter was a preemie, and received a hat, blanket and booties while she was in the hospital. They were such a special gift. She's 6 now, and the little blanket that used to cover her head to toe has taken its place as a blankie for snuggling at night. It's amazing. I'm taking my first crochet class this week, and eventually I'd love to do this for hospitals in this area.

17/9/07 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home