Thursday, August 30, 2007

Socks at Hopewell & a Yarn Store

So there was a little bit of more fiber content on our Canada trip. We took a photo of the travel socks at the Hopewell Rocks.

This area was so beautiful. Salvbard took a ton of great photos.

Then later, when we wandered around Rivière-du-Loup, we stumbled across this adorable little yarn store. Although my french was a little rusty, I was pleased to note that my knitting french was actually decent. (Full credit to the Ravelry Francophone group for that.) I chatted with one of the shop-workers about what I wanted to make for a while. She also had good english though, for those who are not so confident about their french.


In addition to being really nice and helpful, the shop was absolutely adorable.


Salvbard had fun taking photos while I browsed. I was fairly restrained with the souvenir yarn. I was going to walk away with just 2 skeins of sock yarn for Salvbard, but he convinced me to pick up some for myself too.

So that's the end of our Canadian trip photos, though you will hopefully see the souvenir yarn return as projects in the somewhat near future. I love the idea of souvenir yarn, reminiscing about a trip while I knit and later wear the items.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger courteni d. said...

Hey. This is Courteni. I met you in Chicago at Terminus outside of the
registration room. I just found your url in my mound of crap that was in
my purse. How have you been? Still knitting like mad?

24/11/08 2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home