Friday, August 17, 2007

Green Guernsey Sweater

What kind of Slytherin Prefect would I be if I didn't help dress my niece in green handknits?


Pattern: Infant Guernsey Sweater (Silver Creek Classics Pattern Number C-451)
Size: newborn
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Grass
Supplier: Knit Picks
Needles: US Size 6s
Button Supplier: Woolcott and Co.

This pattern is actually the first sweater pattern I ever followed. I will leave it at the fact that this one came out significantly better than the first, which suffered from twisted stitches and poor finishing.

This took *exactly* 2 skeins of the Shine Sport, which had been in my stash so long that it was before Shine came in any weight other than sport weight. I finished the sleeves (2 at once) with less than a meter left, which I then used to sew on the buttons.

I already gave this one to my sister since I didn't want to miss any of the time that it would fit. They don't stay newborn size for long! (Notice the strategic gender-neutral color to make it more easily used by which ever gender baby is born next.) And since this is made of a cotton/modal blend it is perfect for the evenings which are just beginning to get cool.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

This is really cute! Now all she needs are Slytherin socks :-)

20/8/07 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home