Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday Picture - Dragon

I suddenly realized that I hadn't done Self Portrait Sunday in a few weeks. Time sure gets away from me.

I am a little behind on my podcasts at the moment as pre-school-year business has been running me ragged. After listening to Amy's Creative Mom Podcast Episode 60 yesterday my thoughts turned to dragons. The prompt from that episode was "collection", and for years I have been collecting small dragon figures.


So I broke out a Conté crayon and a few of the small figurines and got to work. Many thanks to Salvbard for taking the portrait of me at work on one of the sketches. (Note the mini M&M tube, which is perfect for storing Conté crayons and charcoal.)

I had forgotten how good it feels to work big. Most of the drawing I have been doing in the last few months has been ATC sized (2.5"X3.5") or in my Moleskine (5.25" X 8.25"/13 cm x 21 cm). And the Conté crayon has just whetted my appetite for working with charcoal.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the action shot, and the idea of the mini m&m tube -- so clever! :)

3/9/07 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home