Friday, September 21, 2007

Loving My Stash

Somehow life is never simple. A lot has been happening this week involving my work, Salvbard's work and some health issues. The plus side of all the seminars and doctor's waiting rooms is that I have gotten a fair bit of stash busting done.


On the knitting front, I have also been working on a pair of socks for Chiquita that I will probably set aside for the winter holidays. Nothing too exciting, just a pair of stockinette socks in a lonesome ball of Kroy sock yarn.

I had bought the stripy brown yarn below to make boot socks for Salvbard, but he ultimately deemed it too busy for him. So far after 2 days of doctor's appointments I have 2 sleeves and the start of the left and right fronts.


This crochet project has been the Mexican Jacket from Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers which I am working up in some Schoeller + Stahl Fortissima 6 Ply Socka and Regia Jacquard Color 6-ply that has been languishing in my stash. I have heard a lot of people say that Ravelry has inspired them to use their stash, but I also find that it has inspired me to look again at the books on my shelves to find patterns that I loved and find inspiring, but have never made.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that whatever the reason for the doctor's appointments has been, can be resolved quickly and painlessly :)

Your projects look fun!

22/9/07 9:54 AM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

hope everything is ok healthywise. That yarn is busy, but I love it! those sox are also adorable :-)

22/9/07 10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the socks. Hope everyone gets better soon. I talked in my latest podcast (ep 11) about balancing work and home and finding time :)))) hope you are doing well. :)

23/9/07 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home