Monday, September 24, 2007

Self-portrait

Oops, I am a day late and a dollar short for Self-portrait Sunday, but here goes anyways. Remember that I had recently bought a copy of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain at the library book sale? I have been taking my time with it, as I want to do the suggested exercises as I go rather than reading it all the way through first. It just worked out that one of the first ones was something I had been thinking about doing anyways, inspired by Ryan of Ryan Sketchez recent self-portrait.

This was also a chance to try out my new Pigma Brush Pen that I got this weekend as a bit of a treat. Fun!


When I was in elementary school I remember our art teacher, Mrs. F., telling us that it did matter which direction you colored an area in. Glad I retained that one piece of advice, because it adds a lot of fun texture to what would otherwise be lost.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I just love it! Awesome work :)

25/9/07 10:10 AM  
Blogger AmyC said...

You did a great job. I love the way the brush pen looks.

27/9/07 8:26 AM  
Blogger Bev and Ollie "O" said...

I also have that book, I have not as yet gone through it, would you reccomend it?
I love your drawing x

27/9/07 4:21 PM  
Blogger Creative Life Studio said...

This is great, Omly! It has such an illustration style; you look like you could be a character in a graphic novel!!

28/9/07 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home