Sunday, September 23, 2007

End of the Summer of Socks

I can't believe summer is completely over. (I know the equinox was friday, but I took advantage of a free weekend to visit my niece and was off-line for a bit.) So since I participated in the Summer of Socks, I thought I would make a brief recap of the socks I finished this summer.

I have already mentioned:Just before the deadline, though, I finished up 2 more pair for a total of 14 socks (and a bunch of non-sock things as well). What is even better is that both of these last tow pairs took just under a skein of yarn each! Now presenting the Oatmeal Traveler Socks and the Stripey Socks:

Pattern: Traveler Socks (pdf)
Yarn: Järbo Garn Raggi Multi - color 48
Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns

This pattern works up super fast because of the heavy yarn, but results in an deceptively impressive looking finished object. I could definitely see making this pattern again!

Pattern: Classic Socks for the family #29 from Yankee Knitter Designs
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks 4 Ply - color 54801
Supplier: Wisconsin Craft Market
Needle: US Size 1s

Not bad, but I think I could have done more had the summer worked out differently. I was hoping to be a little more productive, but sometimes you just have to settle for what is possible.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

You just can't beat that Yankee Knitter sock pattern can you? It's my number one gift for knitting pals who haven't yet tried socks. The Travelling ones are lovely too though I have yet to get through a toe-up myself.

24/9/07 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the traveler's socks too and could use a couple of pair around the house in the cold weather. But I too need to learn one of the toe-up procedures :)

24/9/07 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home