Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fetchings

Today when I picked up Chiquita, the first thing that she said was that she didn't feel good and had a headache. I knew it was serious when she wasn't interested in the playground even for a few minutes. By the time we had walked most of the way home she had requested soup and hot tea with lemon. Then minutes after she got home she was asleep in bed.

Pobracita! But since she was out I got to weave in some ends on a pair of Fetchings that I had knit for her. They were going to be for the holidays, but if she is still feeling yucky tomorrow I might surprise her with them to cheer her up. I have a pair of cabled fingerless gloves I knit from cashmerino years ago that she loves and always tries to steal, so I thought she might like her own.


Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in color 203
Supplier: The Knitting Room
Needles: US Size 5/3.75 mm
Pattern: Fetching

These were knit out of baby cashmerino rather than the aran weight to fit smaller hands. I find that they also fit my (admittedly small) hands too though. And the greater yardage on the lighter weight yarn meant that even after lengthening the 4X1 ribbed section by several rows, this project only used 2/3 of a 50 g ball.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've really been on a knitting spree. Every day, it seems, you have something new to show and discuss.

The Fetching gloves are gorgeous - but don't be surprised if part of Chiquita's admiration of your mitts is precisely because they're yours :)

But, and extra pair won't hurt anything either!

Hope she's feeling better Omly! Holding a good thought...

9/11/07 9:01 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Those are lovely! I hope she's feeling better today.

I got a pair of Fetching last year as a gift and have been wearing them a good deal now that it's turned colder. They are loose on my hands though so I may try a cashermino pair and see if I like them better. I'm glad you mentioned that!

9/11/07 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home