Saturday, November 03, 2007

Grey Mitten Morning

This morning it was quite chilly even before the rain started, so Chiquita got a chance to wear the new pair of mittens I finished for her. Her pair from last year is ludicrously small. (How could she possibly have grown that much in less than a year?) So I had her dig around in my stash for a worsted something to make a new pair. Yes of course she would ferret out a merino/cashmere blend. That girl has taste.


Yarn: Lion Brand Lion Cashmere Blend
Supplier: Sparks Craft Studio
Needles: US Size 8s/5.00 mm
Pattern: Basic Mitten Pattern by Ann Budd
Pattern Source: The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns

So armed in our new mittens, we hoped on the bus to meet up for the Ravelry meet-up brunch at Athan's in Brighton. The food and company were wonderful as always. Even if you are not a member of Ravelry you are welcome, so drop me a line if you are local and interested.

After brunch Chiquita and I went with Suzanne of Double Helix, Cynthia of I Hate Waiting, and Mishka of Mischka Knits to the Knitting Room for the beginning of their closing sale. I am so sorry to see this store go. They were always one of my favorites, and I supported them regularly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home