Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Afrika socks

I finally finished up this pair of socks, which have lingered on my needles, waiting to be kitchenered for almost a week now. They carried me through many meetings and holiday queues. They were invaluable for the post office lines alone! (Note to self: avoid post offices in December unless you need lots of knitting time.)

My apologies to the socks for the less than flattering picture. Unfortunately there is no one with the correct sized feet in the house, and I had to decided between a somewhat "flaccid" picture or an obviously ill-fitting one.


Yarn: Tough Sock by Spunky Eclectic
Needles: US 2 / 2.75 mm
Pattern: Basic Sock Pattern by Ann Budd
Pattern Source: The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns

I hadn't knit with this yarn before, but I am very pleased with it. The yardage is amazingly generous, about 500 yards. These socks are not small, but I have tons left over. I sort of enjoyed the feeling of the superwash wool, slightly slippery and smooth, but not in an annoying way. Plus it has some nylon in it, which makes me happy to gift these, knowing they will wear well. The colorway is called "sunspot", but it made both Salvbard and myself immediately think of Africa and someone who might like Africa-colored socks.

The pattern has become one of my standard ones, but after several I am desperately craving a simple stockinette paire. Now I just need to cast on a new pair of on-the-go socks.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home