Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snowy Day Knitting

They closed Chiquita's school early today, which was just as well because by the time we got home the snow was really coming down. It was the perfect weather to stay inside, drink hot cocoa, and knit.

I wish I had a better picture to show you the scale of the snow. The footprints here are at least 8" deep, and all that snow only fell over the course of a few hours. In fact it is still falling now.

Yarn: my handspun, a worsted weight
Roving: merino/tussah silk from Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 8/5.0 mm
Pattern: Top Down Hat
Modifications: cast on 8 sts inititally and added ribbing to the bottom

This yarn was one I was not totally happy with. I knew I wanted it to ultimately be a gift for my aunt, but in trying to get a funky yarn, I just ended up with something with overspun places. Knitting overlooks a lot of minor imperfections in handspun though, and the hat is cute.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home