Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wrock Chicago

I am home! After many hours of sleep I even feel human again.

The first day of the Harry Potter convention was an all day Wrock concert. I wish I had a better picture to express to you the press of humanity and sense of energy. There were so many great bands, but in particular I really enjoyed the Ministry of Magic (warning: MySpace page), Draco and the Malfoys, and the Parselmouths (another MySpace page). And my new discovery was Romilda Vane and the Chocolate Cauldrons.

The hotel put a WRock concert with about 1000 people on the second floor for the headliner section of the show. During the Whomping Willows' set (specifically during "Draco and Harry") the audience was jumping, and honestly it occurred to me to back away to the ballroom edges when the floor started bouncing. Apparently we broke some of the beads on a chandelier on the ceiling of the floor below us. After that they told us not to jump.

I also took not one, but two field trips to see the Bean

And I made sure to take a photo with the socks in progress with the bean. I started these at the beginning of the conference. Here is my progress on a pair of Such a Slytherin (Ravelry download only) after a day of Wrock.
What a great start to the Terminus!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home