Monday, November 03, 2008

Felted Bat

UFO #9 in my finishing challenge was another project from reclaimed yarn. Honestly I don't even remember the pattern I was using originally, so it wasn't a hardship to start fresh. Plus this yarn has had a great story so I wanted it to be something I really liked.

Pre-felting:

Post-felting:


Pattern: Sweetie's Nemesis - the bat
Needles: US 10.5 / 6.5 mm
Yarn: Ruby Rubycampus (souvenir yarn from Hong Kong)
Yarn Supplier: Cheer Wool in Wan Chai, Hong Kong

This pattern goes super fast, which was good since it meant that this little guy could join us trick-or-treating.
I was a mad scientist, and Chiquita was a "spiderweb ghost witch." The little bat started off with me, but by the evening had migrated over to Chiquita's candy basket. I guess he had a sweet tooth.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your bat :) Really - great little fella!

4/11/08 7:58 AM  
Blogger AmyC said...

What a great costume. I love the bat!

4/11/08 2:22 PM  
Blogger Mary Lydia Coombs said...

Not totally unlike the fractal mathematics formula (http://www.utopiansky.com/labratory/fractals/) :-)

4/11/08 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home