Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pattern ATC

I hadn't posted anything, because I wanted this card to have a chance to get to my swap partner for this month's round of the Creative Mom Podcast Artist Trading Card swap. This month's theme was "pattern."

watercolor markers and Sharpie on cardstock

The card I received was more along the lines of geometric pattern, but I really wanted to do something inspired by patterns in nature. I thought about spiderwebs, honeycomb, and other items crafted by nature, but in the end I went with a more transient form. I love this idea of birds on a line, having arranged themselves by chance in a pattern: big bird - little bird - big bird little bird - big bird. The only pattern there the one that our eyes and mind make rather than intrinsic to the subject matter at hand.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your transient take on the theme. Very thought-provoking.

8/10/08 1:13 PM  
Blogger Nathalie said...

I love the card - thanks for sharing that with us/ I love it when there is a pattern with one irregularity ... to each their own

loved it - keep up the good work

12/10/08 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home